Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Sacramento 3-day complete!

Message #934 of 942

I just completed the 3-day in Sacramento and it rocked! Just as Dan mentioned
in his 3-day I took a full pad and a half worth of notes.

Lots and lots of great information. I was a little worried going in as some
people on this forum had said they didn't like their trainers. But there were
enough people on this forum that really liked the training that I chose to go.
And that was a smart move.

The 2 trainers were excellent. Knowledgeable, funny and committed to everyone
getting a lot out of the training. One was an older man that has been an
investor for 30 years. The second was previously a police officer 9 years ago.
Between the two of them they related deals ranging from single family homes to
apartmenet complexes to small commercial buildings to Donald Trump style office
buildings.

They brought all this down to earth giving very specific instructions on how
to negotiate a deal and how to find the money to finance it including using the
seller's money. On the final day we looked through several newspapers and
publications to find "motivated sellers". Very useful for me to see how I could
find my own deals in the paper.

I met Dale for the second time during the training. Hi Dale:) Very nice guy
and always willing to help. Dale has a lot of energy to say the least! That
explains why he can respond in so much length to all the posts. But none the
less, nice guy, willing to do anything to help you out. As Dale mentioned a
week or two ago he NOW DOES work for NRI.

So the training was great. Now the question is, how will the students use the
information. While I was a little nervous I contacted a seller in my area the
next day that happened to be selling multiple properties out of state that
looked like a good deal just from the ad. I've been talking to him for 2 days
now getting more information and he may carry back 10% of the down payment!
That's sweet! I'll post more information when I get an accepted contract.

So, those of you that are on the fence as far as whether the training is worth
it or not, I'd say jump in and give it a whirl. Of course the training is only
the first step. As they repeatedly said during the training, "the real training
starts on day 4". And I believe that. They give you the tools to work with and
now you've got to use them to find some good deals.

That's all for now,
Greg

No comments: